|Nope, I didn't use the apple!|
Summer is here (not officially, though) and boy, can we feel it! After the heat wave that scorched most of the country, I thought it was but appropriate to quench our thirst with a smoothie.
The drink is called Four Seasons (Summer) - based on the fruits that are abundant at that time of the year. I am thinking that depending on which part of the world you are in, the fruits you will use for this recipe would vary. I have tried this shake with different kinds of fruits (always 4 types!) and one thing I can say is DON'T SKIP THE BANANA! I have been making this shake whole year round and the one fruit constant is the banana. And it is always wonderful!
What you need:
1 banana, coined
5 pieces of strawberries, hulled and sliced
1 ripe honey mango
2 thin slices of cantaloupe, rinds removed
6 to 8 ice cubes
2 tablespoons honey
What to do:
Combine all ingredients in a blender. Blend until mixture is frothy, about a minute (depending on the number of ice cubes you put).
Pour in a tall glass and enjoy!
Tips, Tricks and Tweaks:
1. Instead of letting your blender run continuously, you can pulse it 10 seconds at a time until mixture is blended and frothy enough.
2. Cut the fruits into small pieces to avoid having chunks in your drink.
3. Try it with a bit of evaporated milk.
4. Use other fruits that are available!
5. Add or lessen honey according to your preference. Avoid using sugar!