Ever since my mint plant started
What you need:
juice of 2 limes
2 tablespoon sugar
1 1/2 cups water
about 15 mint leaves
1/3 cup crushed ice
lime wedges for garnish
What to do:
Wash the limes and mint thoroughly. Place on top of a paper towel to dry.
Pour the lime juice in a jar. Add sugar and water. Close the jar and shake to mix. Make sure the lid is secured!
Tear about a third of the mint leaves and add everything to the jar - including the whole leaves and the lime wedges. Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
Add the crushed ice just before serving. Enjoy!
Tips, Tricks and Tweaks:
1. If you have a muddler, use it to crush the mint leaves. Crushed leaves add more flavor to the drink.
2. On several occasions, we used honey instead of sugar. The flavor is great, but honey doesn't mix (or melt) well with cold drinks. We ended up having several honey glops at the bottom of the jar.
3. Try using simple syrup instead - boil one part sugar and one part water. Let cool and use instead of regular sugar.
4. Experiment with the taste! Add more sugar or less ice depending on your preference.
5. Instead of water, use club soda to give your drink a kick.