Labels:

Egg and Spinach Cups



Thanks to my friend Lyndee for inspiring me to make this delicious dish. She posted a similar dish on Facebook and it just made my mouth water - I just had to make it! And what great timing - my mother-in-law gave me a whole bag of fresh spinach. I was already imagining a great breakfast with these egg and spinach cups!

There is really no exact recipe for this dish. I just put in stuff that we like. You can always tweak yours according to what you feel like eating. I promise, it would always taste great!

By the way, my friend Lyndee is a very talented jewelry maker! Visit her shop here or here!


What you need: (for 6 egg cups)

6 large eggs
1/4 Vidalia onion
1/4 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
1 cup fresh spinach
2 tablespoons butter
salt and pepper, to taste


What to do:

Melt butter in a pan over medium heat. Add onions and cook until caramelized, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and let cool.

Heat oven to 350°F.

Grease muffin pans with cooking spray. Place about 4 to 5 spinach leaves on the bottom of each cup. Crack an egg on the cups and season with salt and pepper. Place in the oven and bake for about 12 to 15 minutes, or until the eggs are set but not fully cooked.



Remove from the oven and top with grated gruyere and caramelized onions. Return to the oven and bake for another 5 to 8 minutes, or until cooked according to your desired doneness. Let cool before handling.


Remove from pan and enjoy!


Tips, Tricks and Tweaks:

1. It is important to grease the cups in this recipe - makes for easier egg removal!
2. Add anything you like - chopped chorizo, hotdog, bacon bits - the possibilities are endless!
3. Not a fan of gruyere? Use cheddar!


5 comments:

anney said...

3Sarap namn ng breakfast nyo!

J said...

@Anney: Pinigilan ko nga asawa ko eh kasi ang daming nakain. Sabi ko, ma-kolesterol heheh.

Dennis said...

Wow! gagayahin ko ito ...pero using my turbo broiler....hehehehe.

Boy Takaw said...

Awesome way to make kids like their veggies! :)

J said...

@Kuya Dennis: Let me know how it turns out!

@Boy Takaw: Yes naman! Itago natin sa ilalim ng itlog hehehe.

 
Not Just A Food Blog © 2012 | Designed by Canvas Art, in collaboration with Business Listings , Radio stations and Corporate Office Headquarters