Labels:

Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies


I have to admit - these delightful cookies are not my work. They were baked by my mother-in-law. She followed the recipe from a Quaker Oats box to create these delicious treats. They were so good that I checked my pantry to see if I had butterscotch chips myself, and was so happy to find a pack. Unfortunately, I have not gotten around to baking these yet. I promise I will - unless I think of a better way to make use of the butterscotch chips.

Speaking of Quaker Oats, "Larry" aka the Quaker Oats guy, got a slimmer look lately. He definitely looked healthier. He must be eating better (more oatmeal?).

Anyway, did you know that aside from being a healthy food, oatmeal is also an all-around wheat? You can use it to treat acne (sweet!), neutralize odors, soothe dry or irritated skin, and even to make modelling clay! Wow... time to stock up!

This recipe was adapted from QuakerOats.com. 


What you need:


1 stick + 6 tablespoons butter, softened
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
 2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups oats
11 oz package butterscotch chips


Look at those yummy butterscotch chips... *drool*

What to do:


Heat oven to 350°F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.


Using your electric mixer, beat butter and both sugars (brown and granulated) in a large bowl on medium speed. Add eggs and vanilla, beat well to incorporate. Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, butterscotch chips and oats. Mix well.


Scoop a tablespoonful of the mixture and place on lined baking pan.


Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown. Let sit on a cooling rack for about a minute before serving.



Tips, Tricks and Tweaks:


1. Original recipe called for raisins. Feel free to add some if you wish!
2. Always serve with a glass of milk!

3 comments:

i♥pinkc00kies said...

looks definitely delish!

Gio of The Hungry Giant said...

Too bad we don't have butterscotch chips here, I would really like to make these! :d

peachkins said...

WOW! itsura pa lang ang sarap na....

 
Not Just A Food Blog © 2012 | Designed by Canvas Art, in collaboration with Business Listings , Radio stations and Corporate Office Headquarters