My neighbor gave me two small crates of strawberries a few weeks ago (yes, this is a long delayed post) and I enjoyed them tremendously. Mostly, I cut the strawberries and made fruit shakes, but the rest I ate with my Philadelphia Indulgence. Oh, and did I tell you that it was the same neighbor who let me pick some lemons from their tree?
Because Kraft Philadelphia Indulgence was fairly new and still in the introductory phase, they were on sale (BOGO) at our local grocery store. My mother-in-law snagged a pair and I was the lucky recipient of the "Get One" part of the sale (thanks again, Mom!). We got the milk chocolate variety (apparently, the dark chocolate kind was very popular and the store quickly ran out of stock). Here is my two cents worth.
What I liked:
- Good taste. No pretensions - it tasted exactly like cream cheese with chocolate.
- Not overly sweet.
- Works as a frosting too! Try it with brownies! (Yum!)
What I didn't like:
- The texture is something that might take getting used to. Especially when trying it with fruits.
- 120 calories per serving. I guess I shouldn't be surprised - it IS cream cheese, after all.
- Regular price is about $3 per 8 oz tub. A bit too pricey for me.
I have mixed feelings about this product. I like it, but am not overly crazy about it. Cream cheese and chocolate seemed like a good idea in cheesecake - but it didn't really translate with the Indulgence. Would I recommend it to a friend? Hmmm... I don't think I will. Would I try it again? Maybe the dark chocolate variant.
P.S. As a thank you to my neighbor, I made this card for her!
|Thank you "berry" much!|
Visit my shop to see more!