Labels:

Banana-Chocolate Chip Muffin


I am not a baker. Most of the goods I bake are semi-homemade, meaning it is from a box and I just tweak it. I like it that way because baking is an "exact science "- and most of my cooking are just eye-balling ingredients. Hubby is the "pastry chef" in the family.

In this recipe, I used banana-nut muffin mix and added chocolate morsels to it. I was thinking of making banana-chocolate chip bread, but since my loaf pan was MIA (missing in action), I made jumbo muffins instead. I also added a bit of banana extract to bring out more flavor. It was delicious and best eaten while warm.


What you need: 
 
1 box banana-nut muffin mix
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
3/4 cup water
1/4 cup canola oil
2 eggs
1/4 teaspoon banana extract


What to do: 

Preheat oven to 400°F.  Lightly spray muffin cups with non-stick cooking spray or line with paper baking cups.

Place water, oil, eggs, and full box muffin mix in medium bowl. Add chocolate chips and banana extract. Stir until moistened.

Spoon batter into prepared muffin  pan, filling 2/3 full. Bake for 20-25 minutes. To test if the muffins are done, insert a toothpick directly in it, and if it comes out clean, your muffins are ready!


Tips, Tricks and Tweaks: 

1. The cake mix had a bit of walnut in it, so you can add more walnut if you like the nutty taste.
2. If making regular-sized (cupcake-sized) muffins, bake for 18 to 20 minutes.
3. Skip the banana extract and use real mashed bananas! (It might change the consistency of the muffin, though)

1 comments:

 
Not Just A Food Blog © 2012 | Designed by Canvas Art, in collaboration with Business Listings , Radio stations and Corporate Office Headquarters