This is one of those recipes that came about due to some left-overs that I didn't want to throw away. We bought a whole rotisserie chicken one afternoon, and we had a ton of extra! So the next best thing was to make another meal out of it (hurrah for austerity measures!).
I used two types of pasta (guess why!) in this dish - rotini and conchiglie. As usual, they were whole grain for that extra
What you need:
2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
2 cups rotini pasta
2 cups conchiglie pasta (seashell)
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1 carrot, cubed
6 stalks green onion, sliced into rings
1/4 cup pineapple chunks
juice of 1/2 lemon
salt and pepper, to taste
What to do:
Cook noodles according to package direction. Drain.
In a big bowl, combine all the ingredients by mixing and gently tossing. If it looks dry, add more mayonnaise.
Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour. Enjoy!
Tips, Tricks and Tweaks:
1. It does not always have to be rotisserie chicken - you can use leftover fried chicken, or any kind of cooked chicken you have.
2. Have you tried Kraft's Mayonnaise with lime? It is soooo good. You can omit the lemon in this recipe if using said type of mayo.
3. Don't like pineapples? Try using dill pickle relish instead.
4. Add hard boiled eggs to your salad.
5. Shrimp can also be used in lieu of chicken.