Labels:

Product Review: Ben & Jerry's Creme Brulee

I am slowly making my way to trying all of Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream flavors, but I think I stumbled on a gold mine here! My new favorite from Ben & Jerry's is Creme Brulee (Phish Food is a close second).

Creme Brulee is custard ice cream with a crunchy caramelized sugar swirl. So much caramelized sugar that you can taste the crunch in every bite. Not that anybody is complaining! Although it made me wonder how they managed to pack all those delicious caramelized sugar bits without making the ice cream overly sweet.

The only bane of this product is that it is not for people watching their diet. A 1/2 cup serving packs a whopping 310 calories and 17g fat! (Errr... how about doubling your time on the treadmill, then?)

This flavor is so good that I didn't bother putting toppings or any other accoutrements on it. I just have one question: Where did the blow torch go?

2 comments:

i♥pinkc00kies said...

my fave is Chunky Money or Karamel Sutra! :D

J said...

Hi pinkcookies! Favorite din ni hubby ang Karamel Sutra pero ako naman, not so big on caramel. Thanks for dropping by!

 
Not Just A Food Blog © 2012 | Designed by Canvas Art, in collaboration with Business Listings , Radio stations and Corporate Office Headquarters