Labels:

Blue and White Ignite

Photo Credits: www.nba.com

I am ecstatic that the Orlando Magic team is on its way to the Eastern Conference finals again! After beating the Atlanta Hawks by a sweep, they are gonna face the Boston Celtics for a Best of 7 series starting this Sunday, May16, 2010 at 3:30pm. I wouldn't miss it for the world!

The Boston Celtics are not an easy team to beat, though. Their resilience and perseverance to beat the Cleveland Cavaliers (who has the 2010 NBA MVP - his royal highness Lebron James) shone through the semifinals. They have a lot of big names too - Kevin Garnett, Rajon Rondo, Paul Pierce and Ray Allen to name a few. In my opinion, they are a worthy opponent to the Orlando Magic.

Not to sound like I am patronizing the Celtics, I am proud to say that I am a 100% Magic Fan. I love the players - Dwight Howar
d, J.J. Redick, Vince Carter, Rashard Lewis, Jameer Nelson, Mickael Pietrus, and the rest of the Magic team. (Sorry, Hedo Turkoglu. I stopped being a fan when you ditched us for the Raptors).

Funny that I should be blogging about the team, as the President and CEO of the Magic (Bob Vander Wiede) just walked in this coffee shop a few minutes ago, and some of the people here milled around him telling him how big a fan they are. Now, why didn't I go with my gut feeling and wear my Or
lando Magic 2009 Conference Champion shirt?!? That would have caught his attention and maybe a ticket or two for the finals hahaha (wishful thinking).

Back to the topic, though. Watching the team play on TV is great, but being there in the arena is phenomenal! The crowd goes wild, there are prizes to be won, and just the intensity of the fans would be enough to keep you on your feet. By the way, this is my favorite Magic fan:


His name is Dennis Salvaggio, and he is in every Magic game, usually riling up the crowd in a frenzy of chants and cheers. I took this pic of him during one of the games, cause I like his costume very much.


Goodluck on the finals, and Go Magic!!!


0 comments:

 
Not Just A Food Blog © 2012 | Designed by Canvas Art, in collaboration with Business Listings , Radio stations and Corporate Office Headquarters