Labels:

Wrinkle Buster


Grapes as "wrinkle buster?" I wouldn't doubt. Not only are grapes very healthy for you, it is also (as I recently found out) an effective anti-aging agent (excuse the unintentional alliteration). In fact, Resveratrol (calling Dr. Oz!) is found in grape skins. Resveratrol is a potent anti-oxidant
that destroys free radicals and are responsible for many ill effects in the body, including cardiovascular disease and aging.


You only need a couple of pieces of grapes for this recipe, so go ahead and eat the rest. The perfect excuse. Haha.

What you need:

  • 5 to 6 pieces of red grapes
  • 2 teaspoons lemon juice
  • 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil

What to do:

Wash the grapes, but don't peel it. Combine all the ingredients in a food processor and process until it is smooth.

Using a cotton ball or tissue, apply it on your face and leave on for at least 30 minutes to several hours. Rinse well with warm water.

What I liked:

- It is very easy to make.
- You can feel a bit of tightness in your skin after washing it off.
- It doesn't really sting if it gets to your pimple.
- I didn't feel any itchy feeling on my skin during (and even after) the time it was on my face.
- My face remained moisturized even hours after washing it off.

What I didn't like:

- It is hot and kinda' heavy on the face, due to the Olive Oil.
- The grape skins that didn't get processed looked like dirt clumps on my face (do this recipe when you are alone and not expecting visitors!)
- Extremely hard to wash off. I had to use my Cetaphil Cleanser to get the oil off my face. But even that took some effort!
- Not for oily skin.
- The fact that you need a food processor to do it!


The Verdict:

After weighing the pros and cons, I decided that I like this natural beauty recipe. The discomfort is a small price to pay to get moisturized skin and prevent premature aging. Sure, you can buy Resveratrol from drug stores, but again, it's better to get it from the natural source. Would I try this again? Definitely. Would I recommend it to friends? Absolutely!


Photo Credits: www.all-creatures.org

0 comments:

 
Not Just A Food Blog © 2012 | Designed by Canvas Art, in collaboration with Business Listings , Radio stations and Corporate Office Headquarters