Labels:

Shamrock

Since I am still feeling the vibe of St. Patrick's Day, I thought I'd post this for you.


When I first saw these growing in our backyard, I thought they were clovers and spent one too many hours trying to look for a lucky four-leafed one. In one patch, however, I saw some flowers sprouting and did some research.


I found out that these shamrock-shaped plants are called Redwood Sorrel (Oxalis Oregana). No wonder I couldn't find a four-leafed one - they were not clovers! Something interesting I learned, though, is that these plants are edible although a bit acidic in taste. I am not one to try - I'll take their word for it!


Clovers - NOT!

4 comments:

Iskang Sabaw said...

yes, they aren't clovers. if i'm not mistaken clovers have yellow flower. but hey, those looks awesome :)) Nice pictures, if i may add :))

anney said...

unang tingin kala ko din clovers! hehehe!

Christo Gonzales said...

I find 4 leaf clovers a lot - I hope that doesnt stop.

♥peachkins♥ said...

it does look like clovers. mapapagkamalan talaga..

 
Not Just A Food Blog © 2012 | Designed by Canvas Art, in collaboration with Business Listings , Radio stations and Corporate Office Headquarters