- 1 14-oz pack firm tofu, rinsed and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 8 cups salad blend
- 1/2 cucumber, cubed
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
For the dressing:
- 3 tablespoon Canola oil
- 2 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
What to do:
In a small bowl, whisk all the dressing ingredients. Over medium-high heat, put 2 tablespoons of the dressing in a non-stick frying pan. Place the tofu in the pan and cook it in the dressing (instead of oil) for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. If you feel that the dressing is drying up, add more to the pan. Remove from the heat and set aside.
In a bowl, toss all the veggies with the remaining dressing. Top with the warm tofu and serve immediately.
Tips, Tricks and Tweaks:
1. Keep an eye on the tofu - it burns easily.
2. Firm or extra firm tofu works best in this recipe.
3. Make the dressing a day in advance to give the flavors more time to meld together.
4. Don't forget to dry off the tofu with a paper towel before slicing it to avoid splatters when frying.