Labels: ,

Product Review: Ben & Jerry's S'mores

This was probably one of the (very few) flavors of Ben & Jerry's that missed the mark for me. Not that it wasn't good, but I just couldn't taste S'mores in the flavor. It was also very similar to the "Marsha Marsha Marshmallows" flavor, but the latter was already pulled out and is probably resting right now at the Ben & Jerry's Flavor Graveyard.

Ben & Jerry's S'mores is chocolate ice cream with fudge chunks, toasted marshmallow and graham cracker swirls. Sounds good if you're reading it from the label, but the taste failed to deliver.

Anyway, when you say "S'mores," a campfire pops into mind, and that gooey hot marshmallow sandwiched between two graham crackers and chocolate squares. I just didn't have those happy thoughts while devouring this flavor from B
en & Jerry's.

Me making S'mores. This is probably the most you'll ever see of me. ;-)

What I liked:
  • It has a very profound (for lack of a better word to use) chocolate flavor.
  • I like the crunchy grainy texture of the "graham crackers."

What I didn't like:
  • The marshmallows were not as prominent in this flavor. I couldn't even tell that they were "toasted." (I like the marshmallow swirl in Phish Food better)
  • The graham crackers were lost in the hodge-podge of ingredients. I can only surmise that they were the grainy texture that I felt in my mouth.
  • Half a cup is a staggering 260 calories. That's probably 4 licks if you eat ice cream like I do.

The Verdict:

I wouldn't say that this flavor was a failure, but it just didn't taste like S'mores to me. The chocolate taste was very rich, but I felt that the ice cream flavor as a whole lacked the charm of the campfire. Would I recommend this to a friend? Hmmm... I'd recommend other flavors before S'mores. Would I buy it again? I think I'm open to giving it another shot.

3 comments:

i♥pinkc00kies said...

Chunky Monkey!! <3

Anonymous said...

This flavor sux...they should call it burnt brownie..it had a very deep choclate flavor..you won't taste anything else...it reminded me of brownie batter..it has a smooth, almost raw cake mix vibe to it...definantly doesn't taste like smores...as far as the other stuff in here, you won't know anything is there

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the S'mores ice cream flavor !

 
Not Just A Food Blog © 2012 | Designed by Canvas Art, in collaboration with Business Listings , Radio stations and Corporate Office Headquarters