Labels: ,

Product Review: Godiva Dark Chocolate Raspberry


Being a member of the Godiva Chocolate Rewards Club has a lot of perks - one free chocolate every month, free shipping on orders, free gift when you spend $10 or more... the list goes on and on. I could probably think of a hundred excuses to go to their store (my favorite is - "I have to get my free chocolate!"). The downside - you get tempted to buy more chocolates when you see the scrumptious displays in their shop *sigh*.

I finally gave in and bought the Dark Chocolate Raspberry bar. I thought of it as a "healthier option" because it is dark chocolate, and has raspberries. It's really a win-win situation - I satisfy my cravings for chocolate and I get the health benefits of the dark chocolate and raspberries. ;-)


What I liked:

  • It is the perfect balance of bitter and sweet.
  • The chocolate is very smooth.
  • The raspberries provide a bit of tang and sweetness that goes well with the bitter dark chocolate.
  • The texture of the raspberries is quite unique - it is similar to the "crunch" in a Nestle Crunch bar.
  • 2 big blocks (portions) of the bar are just 100 calories. Hurray!

What I didn't like:
  • Like real raspberries, the crunch gets stuck in your teeth.
  • Quite pricey. $4 for a 3.5oz bar. Although you probably won't eat it in one sitting.

The Verdict:

The Godiva Dark Chocolate Raspberry is really very good. It is the perfect bar to finish dinner off, paired with an espresso or dark roast coffee (ah, chocolate and coffee - my two favorite things). The 50% cacao content is perfect for this variety, as the fruit lends its sweetness to balance the bitter dark chocolate. Would I recommend this to a friend? Absolutely. Would I buy this product again? Yes. But maybe I'll wait for it to go on sale. ;-)

P.S. Hubby ate most of it. I couldn't fend him off.

0 comments:

 
Not Just A Food Blog © 2012 | Designed by Canvas Art, in collaboration with Business Listings , Radio stations and Corporate Office Headquarters