Fettuccine Alfredo is probably my favorite pasta dish. The creamier, the better. I might have outgrown my fondness for red sauce because I found myself eating more white sauce then red lately. This recipe is easy to make and is delicious. It's perfect for days when you need a quick meal ready (I have been having more of those, of late). ;-)
What you need:
- 1/2 lb fettuccine, uncooked
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 4 teaspoon flour
- 4 oz (1/2 of an 8oz package) Neufchatel Cheese
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan Cheese, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- non-stick cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
What to do:
Cook pasta as directed on package.
Meanwhile, heat a nonstick skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium-high heat. Add the chicken pieces and cook for 5 to 7 minutes, or until the meat is cooked through, stirring occasionally. Remove from the skillet. Mix the broth and flour in the same skillet. Stir in the Neufchatel cheese, 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese, garlic powder and white pepper; cook for 2 minutes. Stir constantly until the mixture boils and thickens. Stir in the chicken.
Drain pasta and place in a large bowl. Pour chicken mixture over pasta; toss to coat. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese and dried parsley. Serve with garlic bread. Enjoy!
Tips, Tricks and Tweaks:
1. Use shrimp instead of chicken.
2. As always, wash your hands after handling chicken.
3. Try cream cheese instead of Neufchatel cheese.
4. For dieters, use fat-free broth.