Labels: ,

Product Review: Godiva Coffee (Chocolate Truffle)


Hubby surprised me with a package of this Godiva Chocolate Truffle Coffee one evening, and I felt like the happiest woman in the world. That was, until I tasted it. The package looked so promising, the thought of silky coffee and smooth chocolate together was so inviting... but after a few sips, I had to re-evaluate. Here are my two cents worth.


What I liked:

  • Creamy coffee.
  • The price was ok. It was around $7 for a 12-ounce pack. Starbucks price range.

What I didn't like:
  • The smell was overpowering. It was delightful at first, when you kinda' get a whiff from the packet, but after one night in our cupboard, the whole cupboard just smelled like it - in a pungent kind of way. We actually had to take the jar out because we thought it might make our other coffee beans taste like chocolate truffle. NOT a good thing to happen.
  • I thought that it would be a deep, dark roast. Instead, it was lighter and sweeter than I expected.
  • Truffle was not a word that came to mind when I had it. More of a creamy undertone, not chocolatey.


The Verdict:

I would say that the Godiva Chocolate Truffle Coffee is more of a dessert coffee than a breakfast coffee. Or maybe I am just getting old and leaning toward the natural coffee varieties. You know... as you get old, you get boring. Hahaha. Kidding aside, some people might love this product, but it was just OK for me. Would I recommend this to a friend? Sure. For my coffee-lover friends. Would I buy it again? I will give the other flavors a try. I have read other online reviews which said that the Hazelnut Cream variety was better.


1 comments:

Joe Rav said...

I dont know how Godiva can do that. But the Chcocolate AND the Coffee are just the best.

 
Not Just A Food Blog © 2012 | Designed by Canvas Art, in collaboration with Business Listings , Radio stations and Corporate Office Headquarters