- 2 bundles udon noodles
- 4 stalks green onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 Vidalia onion, minced
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice wine
What to do:
Cook the udon noodles per package instructions.
Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of sesame oil in a wok or pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic, green onion, and Vidalia onion. Cook for about a minute, then add the ground pork. Stir occasionally as the pork might stick to the bottom of your wok.
Add the soy sauce, turmeric, sugar, rice wine and 1 teaspoon sesame oil. Cook for about 3 more minutes, or until the meat is brown. Serve on top of the noodles.
Tips, Tricks and Tweaks:
1. After boiling the noodles, drain it in a colander and rinse with cold water to lessen the "starchiness."
2. Use finger chili pepper instead of red pepper flakes.
3. Too hot for you? Lessen the amount of red pepper flakes or turmeric.
4. Use other noodles such as buckwheat or somen.