I like to keep salad veggies in the fridge for light lunches. This BLT salad is a semi-light meal, due to the addition of bacon. It's easy to make and delicious. As they say, everything tastes better with bacon!
What you need:
- 3 cups torn romaine lettuce
- about 8 pieces grape tomatoes
- 3/4 cups garlic croutons
- 4 strips cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1/2 cup Cheddar Jack cheese
- Caesar Salad dressing
What to do:
Layer the lettuce, tomatoes, croutons, bacon and cheese in a large bowl.
Drizzle with dressing just before serving. Toss lightly. Enjoy!
|View from the top|
1. Cut the grape tomatoes in half if it is too big for you. (I didn't because I love popping them in my mouth like m&m's).
2. Use cherry tomatoes for a smaller but sweeter tomato variety.
3. Substitute Cheddar Jack cheese with Colby, Monterey, etc. Whatever works!
4. Make sure your veggies are washed! You don't want to eat dirty produce.