Out of boredom, I decided to whip up some (fancy schmancy) brownies. Don't be fooled, though - this was actually semi-homemade because I used a brownie mix. I called it Triple Chocolate because of the 1) brownie, 2) chocolate graham crackers; and 3) crushed Hershey's chocolate bar on top. Yumminess!!!
What you need:
- 1 box (1 lb) Betty Crocker Brownie Mix
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- water, vegetable oil and egg called for on Brownie Mix
- 3/4 of a (10 oz) bag marshmallows
- 4 chocolate graham cracker squares, broken into small pieces
- 3 bars (1.55 oz each) milk chocolate candy, broken into small pieces
|Hurrah for bonus box tops!|
Heat oven to 350F. Grease the bottom and sides of a 9x9 baking pan with butter.
Make and bake brownies as directed in the box (don't forget to add the semi-sweet chunks in the batter). After removing the pan from the oven, set the oven to broil. Immediately top the brownies with marshmallows and chocolate graham crackers.
Broil 5 to 6 inches from heat for about 20 to 30 seconds, or until marshmallows are toasted. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with chocolate candy. Cool for a few minutes before serving.
Tips, Tricks and Tweaks:
1. When you broil the brownies, watch it very carefully. It is hard to see if the graham crackers are already toasted since they are brown. And the marshmallows brown so quickly!
2. Use miniature marshmallows for a thinner layer.
3. When cutting brownies, grease your knife so it wouldn't stick.