Labels: ,

Bacon, Egg and Toast Cups


I got this recipe from the September 2010 edition of Martha Stewart's Everyday Food Magazine. It looked so yummy and delectable that I wanted to try it immediately. I didn't have a large muffin pan, though, so I had to pester my husband into buying me one wait till I get one. 

As I was browsing through recipes, I realized that most of these dishes were so common, but presented in a different light. I mean - bread, bacon and eggs? Aren't those staples in your fridge already? But putting them in a muffin pan to add pizzazz to the presentation is pure genius! Makes you wanna say "D'oh! Why didn't I think of that?"


What you need:
  • 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
  • 12 slices sandwich bread
  • 12 slices of bacon
  • 6 large eggs
  • coarse salt and ground pepper

What to do:

Preheat oven to 375°F. 

Lightly butter 6 standard muffin cups. With a knife, cut the crusts of the bread. Flatten the bread slices with a rolling pin, then press 2 halves into each muffin cup, overlapping slightly and making sure bread comes up to the edge of the cup. Use extra bread to patch any gaps. Brush bread with remaining butter.

In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat, until almost crisp, about 4 minutes (it will continue to cook in the oven). Lay 2 bacon slices in each bread cup and crack and egg over each. Season with salt and pepper.


Bake until egg whites are just set, 20 to 25 minutes. Run a small knife around cups to loosen toasts. Serve immediately. 


Tips, Tricks and Tweaks:

1. Try crumbled sausage in place of bacon!
2. Make a vegetarian version by using sauteed spinach.
3. A sprinkle of Parmesan cheese would dress things up.



5 comments:

icedgurl said...

HoLiDay bLoGwAlKiNg HeRe... ChEcK mY SiTe Too... SeAsOnS GrEeTiNgS tO EvErYoNe! :]

rjs mama said...

looks so yum!

hope we can link ex :)
online journal
my soltero baby

Mom Daughter Style said...

to answer your questions, I don't shop at Etsy but I look through it alot. I shop at Ebay though.

Btw, this is a great idea. When RC starts preschool I think I can get a lot of food ideas from you.

Unknown said...

This looks yummy! I wish we used bacon instead :(

michymichymoo said...

Wow! Thanks for sharing this! :)

http://www.dekaphobe.com/

 
Not Just A Food Blog © 2012 | Designed by Canvas Art, in collaboration with Business Listings , Radio stations and Corporate Office Headquarters