I am always looking for ways to incorporate veggies in our otherwise carnivorous diet. I didn't like veggies much when I was a kid, so I am trying to catch up with "lost time" and eat better.
This recipe is a complete meal - with starch, protein and veggies in one dish. Don't you just love dishes like this? ;-)
What you need:
- 2 bundles buckwheat noodles
- 1 cup cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 8 oz baby bella mushrooms
- 4 stalks green onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon peeled ginger, cut into matchsticks
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 3 cups spinach
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
What to do:
Cook noodles according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
In a skillet or wok, heat the sesame oil over medium-high. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic, ginger, shredded chicken, and green onion. Cook for about a minute or two.
Add the drained noodles and spinach to the skillet, and toss until the spinach wilts and the noodles are warmed through. Add soy sauce and sesame oil, and toss again to combine. Serve with a dash of lime juice.
Tips, Tricks and Tweaks:
1. Use other kinds of noodles like lo-mein or soba.
2. Add tofu for a healthier variety.
3. Chicken can be substituted by pork or shrimp.