One of my favorites - pasta carbonara. I didn't make it heavy in sauce but I added lots of bacon! Yummy!
What you need:
- 8 slices of bacon, fried and cut into bits
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- 1/2 cup half and half
- dash of parsley flakes
- kosher salt and coarsely ground black pepper
- linguine pasta (enough for 3 - 4 people)
What to do:
Cook pasta according to package directions.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk eggs, parmesan cheese, parsley flakes and half and half. Set aside.
When the pasta is done, drain and place in a lightly greased pan over very low heat. Add the egg mixture, bacon, and season with salt and pepper. Toss all to combine. Garnish with more parmesan cheese before serving.
Tips, Tricks and Tweaks:
1. You can use other types of pasta if you don't like linguine.
2. It is important to keep the noodles and egg mixture moving because you don't want the eggs to be scrambled.
3. Use pancetta for a more traditional carbonara.