Another rice entry. We love eating rice, be it steamed, fried, or anything else in between. I made this dish because I had leftover cooked chicken that was too small to make a dish on its own. It was also a great excuse to eat veggies.
What you need:
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 1 cup cooked shredded chicken
- 1/4 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup frozen corn kernels
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 small carrot, diced
- 2 eggs, scrambled
- 6 cloves of garlic, mashed
- 3 stalks green onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Canola oil
What to do:
Heat oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Saute the garlic for about 30 seconds, then add the chicken and cook for a minute or two. Add the rest of the ingredients and cook for about 4 to 5 minutes, or until the rice is heated through. Remember to stir frequently, else the rice will stick to the bottom of your wok. Remove from the heat and enjoy!
Tips, Tricks and Tweaks:
1. Top with roasted garlic for more flavor.
2. If not using soy sauce, substitute with about 1 teaspoon of salt.
3. Add other veggies like water chestnuts or broccoli.
4. Oyster sauce has a strong flavor, so use sparingly.