It's raining outside (that's Florida summer for you) and I didn't really feel like cooking, but hubby wanted hot soup to combat the (semi-cold) weather we are having right now. So I reached in my pantry and got the perfect solution - instant soup!
I had to stop myself from singing the old Knorr Chinese Soup commercial jingle that was popularized circa 1980's so I don't drive hubby crazy. But I gave in to my whim afterwards and even searched for a youtube video of the jingle so I could sing with it.
♫ ♪ Knorr is one of a kind, best Chinese soup you can find. Knorr is easy to cook, just add one egg! Goodah! ♪ ♫
Anyway, I cooked the Knorr Corn and Chicken soup, but added more ingredients to it to make it tastier. The end product was great. Quick, easy and yummy for a lazy day.
What you need:
- 1 pkg Knorr Chinese Style Corn and Chicken Soup
- 4 cups water
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup frozen corn kernels
What to do:
(As per package instruction): Pour the contents of the soup packet in a bowl and dissolve with 1 cup cold water. Set aside. Meanwhile, boil 3 eggs for about 10 - 15 minutes, or until it is hard-boiled.
Boil 3 cups of water in a pot over medium-high heat. Pour dissolved soup mix into boiling water while stirring. Add the green onions and corn. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the remaining (fresh) egg and stir gently with a fork until egg is well dispersed. After stirring, re-simmer soup for 2 minutes or until egg is completely cooked. Add the hard boiled eggs. Serve hot.
Tips, Tricks and Tweaks:
1. Add some cooked chicken to make the dish just perfect!
2. Garnish with toasted garlic. (I am nuts for toasted garlic!)
3. Sing the jingle while eating. It will put you in a happy mood, I promise! (I recommend singing the line "There is nothing like Knorr Real Chinese Soup" in your highest falsetto voice!)