Labels:

Garlic Mashed Potatoes

I have been wanting to copy Outback Steakhouse's recipe of Garlic Mashed Potatoes but I just can't seem to duplicate it. But well, I can always try, right?

I usually use an electric beater for my mashed potatoes because it makes the taters light and fluffy (with the addition of air), but tonight,
hubby and son said they wanted lumpy mashy taters so I did it the hard way - I got my wooden spoon and actually mashed it.


What you need:

  • 5 pieces medium-sized red potatoes
  • 3 cloves of garlic
  • 2 stalks of green onion, chopped
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
  • kosher salt, to taste


What to do:

Wash the potatoes and peel them. Slice them in small pieces and place in a pot of lightly salted boiling water over high heat. Once the water is boiling, reduce the heat, enough to maintain a rolling boil. Cook until the potatoes are tender and falls apart when poked with a fork.

Meanwhile, peel the garlic cloves and mince. Set aside. Place the cooked potatoes in a bowl and mash them with a masher or wooden spoon. Add the milk, green onions, garlic, and parmesan cheese. Mash until you get your desired consistency. Add salt to taste.


Tips, Tricks and Tweaks:

1. When cutting the potatoes, make sure they are relatively the same size so they would cook evenly.
2. If the mashed potatoes look dry to you, add more milk.
3. Use half-and-half instead of milk for a richer taste.

1 comments:

Deelixuz said...

I gotta try this out soon 'coz I don't know how to make mashed potatoes. :( Sonny's Bbq also has great mashed potatoes.

 
Not Just A Food Blog © 2012 | Designed by Canvas Art, in collaboration with Business Listings , Radio stations and Corporate Office Headquarters