Labels:

Steak and Caramelized Onions


I'm not really a big steak fan, but there are times when I crave it. Today was such a day. If you would notice, there was a good amount of fat marbling on the slab of meat I bought, because I believe that fat is where the flavor is. ;-)

This is a very simple steak recipe so I did not take exact measurements of the ingredients. Tweak yours as you please. And since I only had 2 pieces of steak, I used the electric griddle to cook them instead of the grill (less fuss and cleanup!).


What you need:

  • steak (I used rib eye cut)
  • salt
  • pepper
  • garlic powder
  • 1 whole Vidalia onion, chopped
  • 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided

What to do:

Preheat the electric griddle to 350
°F.

Onion partay!!!

Saute the chopped onions and 2 tablespoons of butter until the onions are limp (or according to your preference). Set aside. Meanwhile, season both sides of the steak with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.


Increase the griddle heat to 400°F. Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter on the griddle and add the steak. Cook for 3 1/2 to 4 minutes on each side. Remove from heat. Serve with the caramelized onions and garlic bread.



Tips, Tricks and Tweaks:

1. I like my steak medium-rare hence the amount of cooking time I mentioned above. If you like yours rare, cook it for only 2 1/2 minutes per side, and 6 to 7 minutes for well-done.
2. The onions will take longer to cook than th
e steak so do the onions first and just push them on the side of the griddle to make room for the steak.
3. Add more butter if the onions seem dry.

Brown on the outside, but pink and juicy at the center. Yum! *drools*

2 comments:

Rome Diwa said...

love steak with mashed potato. yum yum. gimme one, mine is very well done.

♥peachkins♥ said...

me and my sis are such huge steak fan. Steak is our celebration food...

 
Not Just A Food Blog © 2012 | Designed by Canvas Art, in collaboration with Business Listings , Radio stations and Corporate Office Headquarters