This dip is the kind they serve at Italian restaurants while you wait for your meal. It is usually accompanied by a loaf of freshly baked bread, but since I am no restaurateur, nor do I have a furnace to make Italian bread, I just eat it with toast.
What you need:
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried cilantro
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
What to do:
Just combine all dry ingredients in a bowl and mix well to make sure they are evenly distributed. Put a small amount on a dip plate and add olive oil as needed. Enjoy with your favorite bread.
Tips, Tricks and Tweaks:
1. Add a teaspoon of dried rosemary if you like the flavor.
2. All ingredients can be tweaked according to your preference.