Labels:

Passion Butterfly

It took me a few weeks of stalking this butterfly before I could take a good photo of it, because it flies so fast and wouldn't seem to stay still. But when I did, it seemed to enjoy hamming it up in front of the camera. I caught up with it when it was pollinating my Cosmos flowers.

This beautiful creature is called the Passion Butte
rfly or the Gulf Fritillary (Agraulis vanillae). An interesting fact I read about them is that their bodies are toxic so birds and other predators generally stay away from them.


This is just one of the many butterflies fluttering around our yard. I hope to snap more pictures soon.

1 comments:

Deelixuz said...

beautiful pictures! :) We only have angry chihuahua's in our neighborhood. :P

 
Not Just A Food Blog © 2012 | Designed by Canvas Art, in collaboration with Business Listings , Radio stations and Corporate Office Headquarters